As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
COVID-19 and impact on peer review
We are excited to announce the addition of a new section to Journal of Translational Medicine entitled Translational medicines 'Ecosystem'.
Led by Section Editor Vijay Mahant, this exciting new section aims to provide a forum for the topics spanning the translational research ecosystem beyond academia.
Particular focus area will include opportunities and challenges in collaborating with industry and the role of stakeholders in the translational research “ecosystem”.
Autologous fat transfer with in-situ mediation (AIM): a novel and compliant method of adult mesenchymal stem cell therapy
First results on survival from a large Phase 3 clinical trial of an autologous dendritic cell vaccine in newly diagnosed glioblastoma
Francesco Marincola, Refuge Biotechnologies, USA
Translational hematology- Edited by Seah H. Lim
This section will provide an international platform for presentation of high quality clinical and laboratory translational research, bridging the gap between basic research and pure clinical studies. The scope includes clinical and clinico-pathological investigations and fundamental research of translational potential in hematologic diseases. These include studies in red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, coagulation, transfusion medicine, and cellular therapy.
is the companion journal of Journal of Translational Medicine.
Translational Medicine Communications is an interdisciplinary forum for all scientifically valid research from across translational medicine. The journal aims to improve transparency and reproducibility within translational medicine and considers research papers regardless of outcome or significance of findings.
Aims and scope
Journal of Translational Medicine is an open access journal publishing articles focusing on information derived from human experimentation so as to optimise the communication between basic and clinical science.
The journal covers all areas of translational medicine but also has several special sections:
- Cancer microenvironment - Edited by Davide Bedognetti
- Cardiovascular, metabolic and lipoprotein Translation - Edited by Nehal N. Mehta
- Cell, tissue and gene therapy - Edited by David Stroncek
- Clinical translation - Edited by Lana Kandalaft
- Combination strategies - Edited by Paolo A. Ascierto
- Computational modelling and epidemiology- Edited by Michael Liebman and Sabrina Molinaro
- Data-driven clinical decision processes - Edited by Enrico Capobianco
- Disease biomarkers - Edited by Xiangdong Wang
- Hot topics - Edited by Richard Ablin
- Illnesses of unknown etiology - Edited by Monica Panelli
- Immunobiology and immunotherapy - Edited by Adrian Bot
- Immunovirology - Edited by Luigi Buonaguro
- Medical bioinformatics - Edited by Samir K. Brahmachari
- Neuroscience - Edited by Luis F. Alguacil
- Nutrition & metabolism - Edited by Laura Soldati
- Pain, critical care and anesthesia - Edited by Yasin S. Al Makadma
- Patient-targeted molecular therapies - Edited by Francesco Chiappelli and Francesco Piva
- Personalized medicine - Edited by Lotfi Chouchane
- Translational genomics and genetics - Edited by Wei Liu
- Translational hematology- Edited by Seah H. Lim
- Translational imaging - Edited by Ravinder Reddy
- Translational medicines 'Ecosystem' - Edited by Vijay Mahant
Annual Journal Metrics
64 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
32 days to first decision for all manuscripts
122 days from submission to acceptance
10 days from acceptance to publication