As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
COVID-19 and impact on peer review
Featured article: Analysis of SARS-CoV-2 RNA-dependent RNA polymerase as a potential therapeutic drug target using a computational approach
The SARS-CoV-2 outbreak originating in Wuhan has raised global health concerns and the pandemic has now been reported on all inhabited continents. Aftab and colleagues designed a study to devise new strategies for drug discovery and/or repositioning against SARS-CoV-2. The core objective of the study was to evaluate the potential of Galidesivir, similar to structurally similar antiviral compounds, to inhibit the viral replication protein RNA-dependent RNA polymerase.
We are excited to announce the addition of a new section to Journal of Translational Medicine entitled Translational Cancer Biology. Led by Section Editor Cristina Maccalli, this exciting new section aims to provide a platform for the communication and dissemination of advances in cancer biology and their translational applications.
The section will focus on the mechanisms of transformation, progression and metastatization, the biology of cancer stem cells and their immunological properties, the mechanisms undergoing the epithelial-to mesenchymal (EMT) transition and tumor dormancy, their relationship with immune functions and the mechanisms undergoing cancer resistance to therapies. The section also welcomes research on translational aspects and the development of novel therapies related to the aforementioned themes and the identification of patient’s responsiveness and outcome to therapies.
Journal of Translational Medicine has launched In Review, a new option that provides authors with on-demand information on the status of their manuscript, enables them to share their work with funders and their research community, and allows their colleagues to comment and collaborate - all whilst their manuscript is under review.Read More
Check out the most discussed articles from Journal of Translational Medicine in the past 6 months!
Francesco Marincola, Refuge Biotechnologies, USA
Translational hematology- Edited by Seah H. Lim
This section will provide an international platform for presentation of high quality clinical and laboratory translational research, bridging the gap between basic research and pure clinical studies. The scope includes clinical and clinico-pathological investigations and fundamental research of translational potential in hematologic diseases. These include studies in red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, coagulation, transfusion medicine, and cellular therapy.
Translational Medicine Communications is the companion journal of Journal of Translational Medicine.
Translational Medicine Communications is an interdisciplinary forum for all scientifically valid research from across translational medicine. The journal aims to improve transparency and reproducibility within translational medicine and considers research papers regardless of outcome or significance of findings.
Aims and scope
Journal of Translational Medicine is an open access journal publishing articles focusing on information derived from human experimentation so as to optimise the communication between basic and clinical science.
The journal covers all areas of translational medicine but also has several special sections:
- Cancer microenvironment - Edited by Davide Bedognetti
- Cardiovascular, metabolic and lipoprotein Translation - Edited by Nehal N. Mehta
- Cell, tissue and gene therapy - Edited by David Stroncek
- Clinical translation - Edited by Lana Kandalaft
- Combination strategies - Edited by Paolo A. Ascierto
- Computational modelling and epidemiology - Edited by Michael Liebman and Sabrina Molinaro
- Data-driven clinical decision processes - Edited by Enrico Capobianco
- Disease biomarkers - Edited by Xiangdong Wang
- Hot topics - Edited by Richard Ablin
- Illnesses of unknown etiology - Edited by Monica Panelli
- Immunobiology and immunotherapy - Edited by Alessandra Cesano
- Immunovirology - Edited by Luigi Buonaguro
- Medical bioinformatics - Edited by Michele Ceccarelli
- Neuroscience - Edited by Luis F. Alguacil
- Nutrition & metabolism - Edited by Laura Soldati
- Pain, critical care and anesthesia - Edited by Yasin S. Al Makadma
- Patient-targeted molecular therapies - Edited by Francesco Piva
- Personalized medicine - Edited by Lotfi Chouchane
- Translational cancer biology - Edited by Cristina Maccalli
- Translational genomics and genetics - Edited by Wei Liu
- Translational hematology - Edited by Seah H. Lim
- Translational imaging - Edited by Ravinder Reddy
- Translational medicines 'Ecosystem' - Edited by Vijay Mahant
Annual Journal Metrics
64 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
32 days to first decision for all manuscripts
122 days from submission to acceptance
12 days from acceptance to publication