Francesco Marincola, The TICA Group, LLC Managing Partner, USA
Featured series: Hot topics
The Journal of Translational Medicine launched the Hot Topics series, which publishes a limited number of high interest review articles per year, focussing on cutting edge topics from across the breadth of the journal’s scope. Articles will cover emerging concepts and points of view or foresights, rather than focusing on comprehensive discussions of well-established areas. We encourage the participation of investigators from different groups with complementary expertise in the proposed theme.
Articles should be submitted by invitation of Editor-in-Chief, Francesco Marincola, only, and will be published in the series free of charge. If you would like to propose a review article for the Hot Topics series, please contact Dr Marincola at email@example.com with a suggested outline.
Latest Hot Topic Published
Chronic diseases, inflammation, and spices: how are they linked?
Ajaikumar B. Kunnumakkara, Bethsebie L. Sailo, Kishore Banik, Choudhary Harsha, Sahdeo Prasad, Subash Chandra Gupta, Alok Chandra Bharti and Bharat B. Aggarwal
Published on: 25 January 2018
Aims and scope
Journal of Translational Medicine is an open access journal publishing articles focusing on information derived from human experimentation so as to optimise the communication between basic and clinical science.
The journal covers all areas of translational medicine but also has several special sections:
- Cancer microenvironment - Edited by Davide Bedognetti
- Cardiovascular, Metabolic and Lipoprotein Translation - Edited by Nehal N. Mehta
- Cell, tissue and gene therapy - Edited by David Stroncek
- Clinical translation - Edited by Lana Kandalaft
- Combination strategies - Edited by Paolo A. Ascierto
- Computational modelling and Epidemiology- Edited by Michael Liebman and Sabrina Molinaro
- Disease biomarkers - Edited by Xiangdong Wang
- Illnesses of Unknown Etiology - Edited by Monica Panelli
- Immunobiology and immunotherapy - Edited by Adrian Bot
- Immunovirology - Edited by Luigi Buonaguro
- Medical Bioinformatics - Edited by Samir K. Brahmachari
- Neuroscience - Edited by Luis F. Alguacil
- Nutrition & metabolism - Edited by Laura Soldati
- Pain, Critical Care and Anesthesia - Edited by Yasin S. Al Makadma
- Patient-targeted molecular therapies - Edited by Francesco Chiappelli and Francesco Piva
- Personalized medicine - Edited by Lotfi Chouchane
- Translational Imaging - Edited by Ravinder Reddy
- Translational hematology- Edited by Seah H. Lim
Translational hematology- Section edited by Seah H. Lim
This section will provide an international platform for presentation of high quality clinical and laboratory translational research, bridging the gap between basic research and pure clinical studies. The scope includes clinical and clinico-pathological investigations and fundamental research of translational potential in hematologic diseases. These include studies in red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, coagulation, transfusion medicine, and cellular therapy.
2016 Journal Metrics
36 days from submission to first decision
13 days from acceptance to publication
1028.0 Usage Factor
Social Media Impact