Are innovation and new technologies in precision medicine paving a new era in patients centric care?
Attila A. Seyhan and Claudio Carini
Published on: 5 April 2019
Latest Hot Topic Published
Francesco Marincola, Refuge Biotechnologies, USA
Featured series: Hot topics
The Journal of Translational Medicine launched the Hot Topics series, which publishes a limited number of high interest review articles per year, focussing on cutting edge topics from across the breadth of the journal’s scope. Articles will cover emerging concepts and points of view or foresights, rather than focusing on comprehensive discussions of well-established areas. We encourage the participation of investigators from different groups with complementary expertise in the proposed theme.
Articles should be submitted by invitation of Editor-in-Chief, Francesco Marincola, only, and will be published in the series free of charge. If you would like to propose a review article for the Hot Topics series, please contact Dr Marincola at firstname.lastname@example.org with a suggested outline.
Announcing a New Section
We are excited to announce the addition of a new section to Journal of Translational Medicine entitled Translational Genetics and Genomics. Led by Section Editor Wei Liu, this exciting new section aims to provide a translational medicine forum for the publication of research on novel genomics assays that leads to better clinical diagnosis and treatment.
Aims and scope
Journal of Translational Medicine is an open access journal publishing articles focusing on information derived from human experimentation so as to optimise the communication between basic and clinical science.
The journal covers all areas of translational medicine but also has several special sections:
- Cancer microenvironment - Edited by Davide Bedognetti
- Cardiovascular, Metabolic and Lipoprotein Translation - Edited by Nehal N. Mehta
- Cell, tissue and gene therapy - Edited by David Stroncek
- Clinical translation - Edited by Lana Kandalaft
- Combination strategies - Edited by Paolo A. Ascierto
- Computational modelling and Epidemiology- Edited by Michael Liebman and Sabrina Molinaro
- Data- driven clinical decision processes - Edited by Enrico Capobianco
- Disease biomarkers - Edited by Xiangdong Wang
- Illnesses of Unknown Etiology - Edited by Monica Panelli
- Immunobiology and immunotherapy - Edited by Adrian Bot
- Immunovirology - Edited by Luigi Buonaguro
- Medical Bioinformatics - Edited by Samir K. Brahmachari
- Neuroscience - Edited by Luis F. Alguacil
- Nutrition & metabolism - Edited by Laura Soldati
- Pain, Critical Care and Anesthesia - Edited by Yasin S. Al Makadma
- Patient-targeted molecular therapies - Edited by Francesco Chiappelli and Francesco Piva
- Personalized medicine - Edited by Lotfi Chouchane
- Translational Genomics and Genetics - Edited by Wei Liu
- Translational Imaging - Edited by Ravinder Reddy
- Translational hematology- Edited by Seah H. Lim
Translational hematology- Section edited by Seah H. Lim
This section will provide an international platform for presentation of high quality clinical and laboratory translational research, bridging the gap between basic research and pure clinical studies. The scope includes clinical and clinico-pathological investigations and fundamental research of translational potential in hematologic diseases. These include studies in red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, coagulation, transfusion medicine, and cellular therapy.
Annual Journal Metrics
56 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only
51 days to first decision for all manuscripts
104 days from submission to acceptance
10 days from acceptance to publication
2,714 Altmetric mentions