Francesco Marincola, Sidra Medical and Research Center, Qatar
Introducing the Hot topics series
The Journal of Translational Medicine Hot Topics series will publish a limited number of high interest review articles per year on cutting edge topics from across the breadth of the journal’s scope. Articles should be submitted by invitation of Editor-in-Chief, Francesco Marincola, only and should cover emerging concepts, points of view or foresights rather than focus on comprehensive discussions of well-established areas. We encourage the participation of investigators from different groups with complementary expertise in the propose theme. Articles will be published in the series free of charge.
If you would like to propose a review article for the Hot Topics series, please contact Dr. Marincola at firstname.lastname@example.org with a suggested outline.
Aims and scope
Journal of Translational Medicine is an open access journal publishing articles focusing on information derived from human experimentation so as to optimise the communication between basic and clinical science.
The journal covers all areas of translational medicine but also has several special sections:
- Cancer microenvironment - Edited by Davide Bedognetti
- Cardiovascular, Metabolic and Lipoprotein Translation - Edited by Nehal N. Mehta
- Cell, tissue and gene therapy - Edited by David Stroncek
- Clinical translation - Edited by Lana Kandalaft
- Combination strategies - Edited by Paolo A. Ascierto
- Computational modeling and epidemiology- Edited by Michael Liebman and Sabrina Molinaro
- Disease biomarkers - Edited by Xiangdong Wang
- Immunobiology and immunotherapy - Edited by Adrian Bot
- Immunovirology - Edited by Luigi Buonaguro
- Medical Bioinformatics - Edited by Samir K. Brahmachari
- Neuroscience - Edited by Luis F. Alguacil
- Nutrition & metabolism - Edited by Laura Soldati
- Pain, Critical Care and Anesthesia - Edited by Yasin S. Al Makadma
- Patient-targeted molecular therapies - Edited by Francesco Chiappelli and Francesco Piva
- Personalized medicine - Edited by Lotfi Chouchane
- Translational Imaging - Edited by Ravinder Reddy
Section edited by Nehal N. Mehta
This section aims to speed mechanistic understanding, development of novel diagnostics and potential therapeutic targets within cardiovascular, metabolic diseases and lipoprotein diseases. The section is open to experiments involving cellular models, animal models, observational studies and clinical trials that are distinguished for their novelty in approach, design or indication, timeliness, and unique ability to translate laboratory concepts from the bench to the bedside.