Skip to main content

Advertisement

Springer Nature is making SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 research free. View research | View latest news | Sign up for updates

Fig. 2 | Journal of Translational Medicine

Fig. 2

From: Measurement of hepatitis B virus DNA in fresh versus processed dentin from chronically infected patients

Fig. 2

Number of dentin samples from serologically hepatitis B virus (HBV)-positive patients, the number of HBV DNA-positive fresh dentin samples, and the number of HBV DNA-positive processed dentin samples. Among eighteen dentins from HBV-infected patients, ten fresh dentin samples (55.6%) contained detectable HBV DNA. HBV DNA of the other eight fresh dentins (44.4%) was considered degraded or insufficient levels of DNA available for detection. No significant difference was observed between the serologically positive dentin and HBV DNA-positive fresh dentin (P = 0.3536) based on linear regression analysis (univariate) of the relationship. HBV DNA from eight of the ten fresh dentin samples (80%) that were positive for HBV DNA appeared degraded or eliminated by the processing. Two (patients #3 and #14) of the ten fresh dentin samples that were positive HBV DNA (20%) were extensively degraded after processing

Back to article page