- Expression of Concern
- Open Access
Expression of concern: Clinical use of dieletrophoresis separation for live adipose derived stem cells
© Marincola; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2014
- Received: 9 October 2014
- Accepted: 10 October 2014
- Published: 4 November 2014
- Stem Cell
- Extensive Effort
- Adipose Derive Stem Cell
- Independent Investigation
- Derive Stem Cell
After publication of this article , it was brought to the journal's attention that there were potentially several serious concerns regarding the reliability of the data presented within it.
There is uncertainty regarding the timeline shown in figures 5 to 9 and the timing of the images shown in figures 15 and 16 and 18 to 22. Allegations have also been made that the experiments may not have taken place and that informed consent may not have been obtained.
Despite extensive efforts to obtain an independent investigation, we have been unable to verify these claims or come to a definitive conclusion regarding the reliability of the data. Readers are therefore urged to take caution when interpreting the content of this article.
Readers are alerted that an erratum has also been published regarding the authorship of this article .
- Wu AY, Morrow DM: Clinical use of Dieletrophoresis separation for live Adipose derived stem cells. J Transl Med. 2012, 10: 99-10.1186/1479-5876-10-99.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Marincola F: Erratum: Clinical use of Dieletrophoresis separation for live Adipose derived stem cells. J Transl Med. 2013, 12: 270-10.1186/s12967-014-0270-6.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly credited. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.